Dear theatre experts!
It is our pleasure to inform you that International Festival of Children's Theatres Subotica (Serbia), in co-operation with the Theatre Museum of Vojvodina from Novi Sad (Serbia), is organizing an INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH COLLEGE OF THEATRE ARTS FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE conference for the fourteenth time.
Theme of the next Forum is TIME AND RESPONSIBILITY IN THE THEATER FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH.
The Children's Theater Festival in Subotica is an opportunity for researchers from different countries to gather during the Festival days and present their research and projects. Also, with the plays performed during the Festival, Subotica becomes an important place where researchers and theater experts meet with creators of theater plays for children and youth from all over the world. The goal of this gathering is to improve the theater for children and youth.
Theatrical art greatly contributes to the quality upbringing of children. Therefore, the time that children and youth spend in theatres is proportional to the quality of the contents they are introduced to. Various contents have been created for children and youth aiming to achieve an aesthetic or educational goal. Also, techniques and approaches in performances are part of the responsibility of those who create theater contents. Therefore, the 14th Forum for the Research of Theater Art for Children and Youth at the 30th International Festival of Children's Theater in Subotica is directed towards research on Time and Responsibility in Theater for Children and Youth.
Possible sub-topics and frameworks:
- Access to time as a measure of responsibility in theater for children and youth
- Time as a creative act in theater for children and youth
- Design of time and space in the theater for children and youth
- Time and play in the theater for children and youth
- Time as a phenomenon
- Responsibility and creation in theater for children and youth
- Responsibility and education in theater for children and youth
- Responsibility and growing up
- Responsibility and use of technology in theater for children and youth
- Time and responsibility in different cultures
- Access to stage language through time and responsibility
- The language of time and its perception
- Time, responsibility and environment
- Time and rhythm in the stage space
- Time and responsibility in group work
- Time and responsibility in heritage interpretation
The 14th Theater Arts Research Forum for Children and Youth will be an opportunity to learn about the interpretation of time and responsibility in theater environments around the world. The Jubilee 30th Children's Theater Festival in Subotica will welcome researchers ready to accept a responsible interpretation of time in theater for children and youth.
The Festival will send an earlier reply to participants who need a confirmation of participation to ensure their arrival in Subotica. Therefore, you can send proposals until December 1, 2022 and you will receive a response by December 15, 2022. Participants who do not need to be notified in advance are welcome to submit a proposal by February 28, 2023.
Marijana Prpa Fink, PhD
More information in foleder Application sub-folder Forum.Back to...